NB DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS MOVED TO 15 NOVEMBER 2017
A colour design competition for newly graduataed andstudents of design, architecture, visual communication and art in Sweden.
PRISAD FÄRG will put colour in focus and has been founded:
- to create a deeper interest in and awareness of the significance of colour
- to highlight how we can use colour
- to show good examples of colour use
This year’s theme:
HE, IT, SHE AND COLOUR
The competition task is to create a colour design from a global, social and critical anti oppressive perspective
”Pink is the Navy Blue of India”
When Diana Vreeland (1903-1989) fashen journalist och chief editor of Vouge visited India many years ago she was astonished by all the powerful colours and that so many women wore pink. Pink ws as common as navy blue in the Western world.
First prize: Colour cource (2 or 3 days) at NCS Colour Academy – worth SEK 11.200.
Second prize: Colour design tool from NCS Colour – worth SEK 6.180.
Third prize: Gift voucher and inspiration kit from Alcro (value approx. 5000 SEK)
The project shall be presented in digital form as a PDF-file in A3 format, for presentation to the jury members. The three winning entries to be displayed in standing A1 format 70 x 100 cm in a separate exhibition during the award ceremony in February 2018.
You must also be aware of that the presentation, after the award ceremony, will appear on www.colourspot.org and possibly in other similar contexts.
You must consider the following:
- Why have you chosen these colors? The gender perspective?
- What audience / market do you turn to?
- Use NCS to describe the selected colors to facilitate color communication.
The jury’s assessment criteria
The submitted proposals will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Is the motive for the color selection compelling? The gender perspective?
- Is the color selection well presented? Clear presentation?
- Is the color scale coherent and well thought out?
- How do the colors appear on different materials?
- Is there something new and unique with the proposal?
- Is the proposal appropriate to the target audience / market they turn to?
- November 15, 2017: Deadline for submission of contest task
- December 8, 2017: The jury has nominated four candidates
- February, 2018: Award ceremony at Green House, Stockholm Furniture Fair
The submitted competition entries will be judged by a prestigious jury.
Chair: Catrin Vagnemark, Creative Director & Founder, BVD
Ann Edholm, konstnär
Ewa Kumlin, VD, Svensk Form
Gunnel Sahlin, glasformgivare
Jonas Pettersson Form Us With Love, CEO / Co-Founder
Rahel Belatchew Lerdell, Arkitekt MSA/SAR/DESA, VD Belatchew Arkitekter AB
Svante Öquist, chefredaktör, Elle Decoration
Åsa Stenerhag, modedesigner/designer
WHERE DO I SEND MY ENTRY?
Digital entries should be sent to email@example.com
NOTE! Competition entries are processed anonymously within the jury, so enter only your name and school on the cover letter not on the actual presentation!
Berit Bergström, secretary, 08-617 47 11
Bengt Ahlin, Board member
Swedish Colour Center
100 28 Stockholm