A color design competition for students of design, architecture, visual communication and art in Sweden.
PRISAD FÄRG will put color in focus and has been founded:
- to create a deeper interest in and awareness of the significance of color
- to highlight how we can use color
- to show good examples of color use
This year’s theme: OUR SENSES
How does a color experience taste?
Does yellow, red or blue smell something?
Can you hear a tone?
How can a color feel?
We have five senses: taste, smell, sight, hearing and touch. We need our senses to interpret our environment, something we do not always think about.
The competition brief is to create a sensual experience with color. With color, you can create dramaturgy and effects. The color can put the experience in the center. Specify the feeling you want to create, which senses you want to arouse in the viewer.
First prize: Colour cource (2 or 3 days) at NCS Colour Academy – worth SEK 11.200.
Second prize: Colour design tool from NCS Colour – worth SEK 6.180.
Third prize: Gift voucher and inspiration kit from Alcro (value approx. 5000 SEK)
The project shall be presented in digital form as a PDF-file in A3 format, for presentation to the jury members. The three winning entries to be displayed in A1 format 70 x 100 cm in a separate exhibition during the award ceremony in February 2017.
You must also be aware of that the presentation, after the award ceremony, will appear on www.colourspot.org and possibly in other similar contexts.
You must consider the following:
- What feeling do you want to create with your choice colors?
- Which senses do you want to bring to life?
- What emerges our senses in your suggestions?
- Why have you chosen these colors?
- What audience / market do you turn to?
- Use NCS to describe the selected colors to facilitate color communication.
The jury’s assessment criteria
The submitted proposals will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Is the motive for the color selection compelling?
- Is the color selection well presented? Clear presentation?
- Is the color scale coherent and well thought out?
- How do the colors appear on different materials?
- Is there something new and unique with the proposal?
- Is the proposal appropriate to the target audience / market they turn to?
- November 1, 2016: Deadline for submission of contest task
- December 8, 2016: The jury has nominated four candidates
- February 7, 2017: Award ceremony at Green House, Stockholm Furniture Fair
The submitted competition entries will be judged by a prestigious jury.
Chair: Catrin Vagnemark, Creative Director & Founder, BVD
Ann Edholm, konstnär
Ewa Kumlin, VD, Svensk Form
Gunnel Sahlin, glasformgivare
Jonas Pettersson Form Us With Love, CEO / Co-Founder
Rahel Belatchew Lerdell, Arkitekt MSA/SAR/DESA, VD Belatchew Arkitekter AB
Svante Öquist, chefredaktör, Elle Decoration
Åsa Stenerhag, modedesigner/designer
WHERE DO I SEND MY ENTRY?
Digital entries sent to email@example.com
NOTE! Competition entries are processed anonymously within the jury, so enter only your name and school on the cover letter not on the actual presentation!
Berit Bergström, secretary, 08-617 47 11
Bengt Ahlin, Board member
Swedish Color Center
100 28 Stockholm