And the winner is…
Colour for nature
Inredningsarkitektur & Möbeldesign på Konstfack (K2)
Do not go gentle into that good night
Kandidatexamen i design HDK
Let´s talk Colour!
Asta Westermark Florestedt
Examen från Beckmans Designhögskola, Form
A colour design competition for newly graduataed and students of design, architecture, visual communication and art in Sweden.
PRISAD FÄRG will put colour in focus and has been founded:
- to create a deeper interest in and awareness of the significance of colour
- to highlight how we can use colour
- to show good examples of colour use
This year´s theme
Colour – Form – Future
Colour enriches form. How will form be coloured in the future?
With inspiration from this year’s theme, you create a product, a room, an environment, a city space, a phenomenon, an installation, a picture or any other kind of experience where your feeling and experience of the colour’s influence on the form will be your contribution.
The project is presented in digital form as a PDF, for presentation to the jury members. Do not enter your name on the attached competition contribution. Enter your name, school and how we will most easily get in touch with you in the mail itself.
Also be prepared to display the three winning presentations in fysical form. They will be shown in a separate exhibition. You must also assume that the presentation, after the award ceremony, will be displayed on www.colourspot.org and possibly in other similar contexts.
You must consider the following:
- What feeling do you want to creaate with your colour selection?
- Whar senses do you want to awaken?
- What is the unexpected or expected in your proposal?
- Why have you chosen thees colours?
- What audience / market do you turn to?
To facilitate colour communication, use NCS to describe your colour selection.
Jury assessment criteria
The submitted proposals will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Is the subject of the color selection convincing?
- Is the colour selection well reported? Clear presentation?
- Is the colour scale coherent and well thought out?
- How does the color appear on the different materials?
- What is unique in your proposal?
- Is the proposal adapted to the chosen target group?
Submissions 17 November 2019
Award ceremony at Stockholm Furniture and Light Fair, 4 February 2020
Chair: Catrin Vagnemark, BVD, board member of Färgcentrum
– Rahel Belatchew, Architect, Belatchew Arkitekter
– Axel Nordlander, Industrial designer, OP
– Gunnel Sahlin, Glas designer
– Åsa Stenerhag, Artist, fashion designer
– Mats Widbom, vd, Svensk Form
– Kennet Vrågård, NCS Colour AB
– Clara von Zweigbergk, Graphic designer
– Svante Öqvist, Freelance journalist
- 1:st prize: The winner will receive a check of SEK 30 000 (VAT excl.) to be used for booking of Colour Academy Cources and/or NCS Design Tools.
NCS Colour Cources include the popular and prestiges couce ”International Colour Workshop” at Gripsholm.
”This summer´s highlight”, says Isabell Treste last years winner.
Discover NCS Colour Academy cources: http://ncscolour.com/colour-academy/
Take a look at the products of NCS Colour: http://ncscolour.com/product-category/shop/
- 2nd prize: Design Tools från NCS Colour AB
- 3rd prize: Gift card SEK 500 from Matton
TO WHERE DO I SEND MY COMPETITION PROPOSAL? Digital competition proposals are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE! The competition proposal is treated anonymously by the jury, so please enter your name and school on the cover letter not on the presentation itself!